Event Date: 08th January 2017
09.00am - 02.00pm
Our first event of 2017 will be the Sunday Scramble on 08th January. We continue to be delighted and amazed by the support for this Scramble. Whatever the weather be assured of a warm welcome and hot refreshments available all morning at Bicester Heritage.
Purchase online advance tickets here.
The specialist businesses of Bicester Heritage will be open to the public, which is a fantastic opportunity to see inside their workshops, showrooms and buildings and catch a glimpse of their latest projects, restorations and stock. For a glimpse of previous Sunday Scramble events, click here.
Please join us along with The Abarth Owners Club, The Aston Martin Owners Club, Aylesbury MG Club, The Bentley Drivers Club, BMW Car Club, European Classic Touring Club, G4 Challenge Owners Club, Kettering Area Motor Club, Lotus Drivers Club, Mazda MX-5 Owners Club, The MGF Register of the MGCC (Thames Valley), North Oxfordshire Natter MG, Olney Classic Car Club, OxMOG, Porsche Club GB, Renault Alpine Owners Club, Rover Coupe Owners Club, TR Register, Triumph Sports Six Club, TVR Car Club (Oxfordshire) and Vincent Owners Club as one of our registered Car Clubs who will be given Club parking and members benefit from discounted tickets. If your Club would like to register please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hagerty International, the classic car insurance specialist, will again host their live Valuation Arena at the Sunday Scramble, supported by H&H Classic Auctions, Classic Cars magazine and the online classified site ClassicCarsForSale.co.uk following on from their success in 2016. Valuation experts will be on hand to inspect and photograph vehicles, swiftly providing the owner with a valuation certificate and thus ensuring that your vehicles are properly valued and therefore properly insured.
Entry into Hagerty’s Valuation Arena is only available to people attending the Sunday Scramble at Bicester. The Valuation will cost £15, all of which will go charity, and each valuation will include a certificate and goody bag of classic extras from all participating partners. Owners are urged to bring as much information on their vehicle as possible for the valuation experts to inspect.
Finest Hour Experiences will be offering Tiger Moth flying lessons on site, click here to book your 20 minute flying slot.
- What time do the gates open to the public? 9am
- What time does the event close to the public? 2pm
- Do I need to book in advance? We strongly recommend you book in advance, as this event can and does sell out and we cannot guarantee there will be tickets available on the day.
- How much are tickets in advance? Adult tickets purchased in advance (age 16 or over) are £6 per person (plus a booking service charge). Children under 16 are free and do not require a ticket (when accompanied by an adult ticket holder). Discounts are available in certain cases (please see below).
- What is the deal for classic vehicles? Visitors planning to arrive in a pre-1990 classic vehicle (which includes cars, motorcycles and military vehicles) can benefit from our advance Classic discount offer of £4 per person (plus a booking service charge), which also gives the opportunity to display your vehicle in amongst the buildings of the main Technical Site, subject to availability (please note you will be asked to enter details of your classic vehicle when you select this ticket option).
- What is the deal for vehicle club members? Members of vehicle clubs can benefit from our advance Club discount offer of £4 per person (plus a booking service charge) provided their club representative has registered the club attendance with us in advance. To apply for registration (subject to approval) please contact Historic Promotions on 01869 247888 or email@example.com
- Buying tickets on the gate – you are welcome to purchase tickets on the gate, subject to availability – all tickets will be £8 per person. Children under 16 are free (when accompanied by an adult ticket holder).
- Do I have to pay for parking? No, all parking is free for ticket holders.
- Do I need to buy a ticket for every person in my vehicle? Yes, we need all adults to have an individual ticket. Hagerty Valuation Arena tickets need to be bought in addition to the Sunday Scramble entry ticket.
- How does the Hagerty Valuation Arena work? There are a limited number of spaces available so you need to pre-book a timed slot via our website. The tickets are £15 each with all monies raised going to charity. At your allotted time you will need to take your vehicle to the Hagerty Valuation Arena where a team of experts will inspect the vehicle, take photographs of the vehicle and give you a printed valuation within 15 minutes.
- Which entrances do vehicles use? Vehicles will be directed by yellow signs to the airfield gate on the Buckingham Road.
- May I fly in? Bicester Heritage is delighted to welcome vintage aircraft to fly-in for Scramble events but due to limited space the aeroplane must be pre-booked, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Bicester Heritage airfield is strictly PPR please see attachment for details: Visiting Aircraft Instructions. The pilot and all passengers must have an entry ticket – please book online.
- Which entrance do pedestrians use? Pedestrians must use the main Bicester Heritage entrance on the Buckingham Road, near the roundabout with Skimmingdish Lane.
- What can I expect to see at the event? The Sunday Scramble is mainly an excuse for hundreds of classic vehicle enthusiasts to come together and enjoy a relaxed social gathering. As well as enjoying the visiting classic cars, motorbikes and other vehicles, you can also glimpse inside the various specialist businesses now on site at Bicester Heritage, who will be opening their doors throughout. The airfield will also be active, weather dependent, during the event so you can expect to see the Bicester Gliding Centre in operation.
- What catering will be available? There will be various catering outlets on site serving hot and cold drinks and a variety of food including soup and bacon rolls.
- Are dogs allowed on site? Because this is an active airfield dogs are not permitted on site, with the exception of guide dogs.
- Is there any readmission? No, sorry, there is no readmission if you leave the site during the event.
- What disabled facilities are available? There is a dedicated disabled parking area close to the event entrance. There is also a disabled toilet on site.
- Mobility vehicles can be pre-booked, please visit Mobilityhire4you or call 01353 653752 to make your booking – £5 for a wheelchair for the day or £15 for a scooter.
- I’m experiencing problems purchasing a ticket online. Please contact our ticket provider via email Support@ticketscript.com
- I’ve lost my ticket. Please click here to reprint your tickets Lost Ticket
Purchase online advance tickets here.